413 Highlands Road, Eudlo
|2 Beds||1 Bath||Approx 8660 Square metres||3 car spaces|
In the leafy hills of Eudlo, near the end of a winding country road, you’ll find this unique and private haven. ‘Raintree’ offers a gently sloped two acre block best described as an ‘organic food forest’ with literally dozens of edible, unusual and useful plants, excellent water and all the infrastructure you’ll need to live the permaculture dream. The charming red cedar chalet features a pavilion design, with the living and sleeping areas separated by a covered walkway, a sunny deck overlooking the frog pond with glimpses of the dam beyond, and stunning natural timber everywhere, from the gleaming polished floorboard to the exposed beams.
Previously an organic gardening education centre, the property has been run using organic, biodynamic and permaculture principles since 1997, when it was first established. Elevated and flood free, there’s ample water on hand from the rainwater tanks, dam and springwater bore, a 1.5kw solar system, solar hot water, plus loads of firewood onsite for your Nectre woodburning baker’s oven and outdoor cob oven. With a garage, shed, 3 garden sheds, 2 chicken coops, compost bays, raised vegie beds, propagation shed with new pots and trays and a native stingless bee hive, you’ll be up and running before you can say ‘mulch’.
Here’s just a few of the fruit trees and plantings you’ll discover: Macadamia, Bunya Pine, Vanilla, Turmeric, Bananas, Passionfruit, Mulberry, Star Fruit, Star Apple, Miracle Fruit, Custard Apple, Jaboticaba, Citrus, Ginger, Acerola Cherry, Black Sapote, Arabica Coffee, Guava, Elderberry and Blue Quandong. Come visit to find the rest!
- Cantilever design, red cedar chalet in private position
- Set on a usable, gently sloping 8660m2 block (approx. 2.1 acres)
- Main bedroom is pavilion style, and second bedroom is downstairs
- Spacious open plan living with built-in study nook
- Australian made Nectre woodburning fireplace for the chilly nights ahead
- 40,000L rainwater tanks plus lined pond, dam and springwater bore
- 1.5kw solar system and solar hot water
- Double carport, single garage, single shed, 3 garden sheds, 2 chicken coops
- Wildlife includes wallabies, echidnas, possums, bandicoots & frogs
- Birdlife includes bellbirds, whipbirds, king parrots, kookaburras & pale headed rosellas
- Situated just 4 minutes from the delightful village of Eudlo & 10 minutes to Palmwoods
- Be sure to watch the property video to see more of 'Raintree'
The current owners have enjoyed this very special property for 17 years, and are about to enjoy some long-awaited time aboard their boat! But just before they head off, they'll be pleased to give the new owner of Raintree a fully guided tour, from the biodynamic seed keeper to the wild raspberries in the glade - I wonder, will it be you?
The information statements, views/or opinions expressed in this publication are to be used as a guide only. Neither the Seller, Property Lane Realty nor any other person involved in the preparation of distribution of this material gives any guarantee or warranty concerning the accuracy or validity of its contents nor will they accept any liability. All prospective Buyers should make their own enquiries and satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the suitability of the property.
237 Panorama Drive, Rosemount
|2 beds||1 bath||2 car spaces|